I am thrilled we are meeting together in person as a church. We are able to encourage each other and glorify God as we gather together. We are able to offer both Sunday morning worship services, as well as LifeGroups for all. On Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. we have activities for all children and the Gathering service for youth, university students, and adults. CDO happens on Mondays and Thursdays. We have come a long way since the pandemic began.
We are not offering everything we once did. There are no homemade snacks in the commons area between services on Sunday morning. There is no Wednesday night meal. There is no adult choir. There are no over-55 activities. We remain vigilant to provide ourselves the safest opportunity to continue meeting as a church. Our goal is not to do everything we once did. Our goal is to remain open every week.
Our goal is also to remain united as a church. We cannot allow the devil to divide us over masks and politics. How tragic it would be for any church to major on minor issues and therefore hinder itself from making disciples for Jesus. During a pandemic, people still spend eternity separated from God if they die without a relationship with Christ.
My personal plan is to continue smiling while withholding judgment on anyone. I have been your pastor for over nineteen years. I love all of you and want God’s best for you. If someone does not feel comfortable in a crowd, I am still their pastor. If someone rolls their eyes and speaks of conspiracies, I am still their pastor. If someone wears a mask in public, I am still their pastor. If someone tests positive for covid-19, I am still their pastor. Ministry does not stop during a pandemic. So far, I have done fifteen funerals this year.
I cannot please everyone. I am wearing a mask more often, not because I am certain about the benefits of doing so. I am wearing a mask more often because I do not want to quarantine for two weeks if I am around someone who tests positive. I don’t want to be sidelined at this time. I continue to thank God that I get to be your pastor – even during such a time as this.
Smiling every day, Earl
- Sundays Sermon “Going To The Gentiles” Acts 10:1-23
- Family Worship and LifeGroups, Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- The Gathering – Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Guest Speaker Wednesday: Stephen Myers. Topic: How to pray without using big words.
- FIRST KIDZ – Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. for Bed Babies – 6th grade
- Feel free to continue and watch the FBC Worship Services live streamed on Facebook at 9:00 a.m., also available on the website at: http://www.fbcweatherford.com at 11:00 a.m., or listen at noon on 95.5 FM The Coyote