Their tongues clung to the roofs of their mouths. The extended journey had led them further into the wilderness and away from all known water supplies. They thirsted for something with which to moisten their parched, cracked lips. As the dust boiled up beneath their sandal-covered feet, they cried out for water.
Not champagne or goats milk or fresh-squeezed orange juice, but water. A basic requirement for survival was missing and they passionately pleaded for its provision. They didn’t even ask for ice.
Moses forwarded their request to God, Who in turn outlined a plan to get some water. God always has a plan. The plan defied human logic. God’s plans usually do. Moses followed the plan anyway. So should we. In obedience to the Word from God, Moses used his staff to strike a rock near the base of Mt. Sinai.
Water gushed forth from the rock with such bountiful supply that every one of the over two million Israelites drank until they thirsted no more. God supplied their need in the most unexpected of ways when they simply obeyed His instruction. He will do the same for you.
I love you, Earl
- Sundays Sermon “Two Men in the Temple” Luke 18:9-14
- Family Worship and LifeGroups, Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- FIRST KIDZ – Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. for Bed Babies – 6th grade
- The Gathering – Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary
- Feel free to continue and watch the FBC Worship Services live streamed on Facebook at 9:00 a.m., also available on the website at: http://www.fbcweatherford.com at 11:00 a.m., or listen at noon on 95.5 FM The Coyote