I have never known of a time when it was more appropriate and necessary to pray without ceasing and serve without reluctance. The answer for the multiplied divisive issues that swirl around us is nothing less than God Himself. God works through His people in the church. Now is the time, as at no other time, for the church to be the church. We must push back against the tactics of Satan with prayer and service. We remain engaged in a Spiritual battle that God can and will win. We must do our part.
We must pray. I remain unable to explain just how prayer works. I just know that it does work. God moves with power in response to the unselfish prayers of His people. We are asking Him to heal our land and expand His kingdom. As He changes the lives of people, those people will contribute to the welfare of our land and His kingdom. The issues in front of us are far greater than we can handle. Nothing is too hard for God. Pray without ceasing!
We must serve. The local church has been designed by God so that all of the members work together like the parts of a human body. We are needed in the local church, and we need the local church. As we uniquely serve with zeal, the local church remains healthy and effective. We are in the midst of a time when volunteers are needed to serve in specific areas. Everyone’s responsibility is no one’s responsibility.
You will be given the opportunity to sign up to serve this Sunday in the fellowship hall. We are all different, and we are all necessary. You can sign up to provide a birthday cake and gifts for a foster child in Custer County. You can sign up to provide a meal at the HIA house or help with Branch 15. You can sign up to serve in the children’s area on Sunday or Wednesday nights. You can sign up to join a D-Group or attend Women of the Word events. You can sign up to help with greeting, technology, or security. You can sign up to bring snacks to Celebrate Recovery or dishes to funeral meals. You can even sign up to order a “Pray Without Ceasing” T-shirt.
We need to be the church. We all can and should do our part. Thanks for all you do.
I love you, Earl
- This Sundays Sermon “From Persecutor to Preacher” Acts 9:1-22
- Membership Matters Class – this Sunday, August 30 at 10:30 a.m. in the Parlor
- Sign up to Serve – this Sunday, August 30 in the Fellowship Hall
- Baptism at Crowder Lake – this Sunday, August 30 at 6:00 p.m.
- Family Worship and LifeGroups, Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Feel free to continue and watch the FBC Worship Services live streamed on Facebook at 9:00 a.m., also available on the website at: http://www.fbcweatherford.com at 11:00 a.m., or listen at noon on 95.5 FM The Coyote