This Easter will again be a great time in the life of our church. We are celebrating the greatest event in the history of the world. That first Easter changed everything as far as man’s awareness of and relationship with God. When Jesus came out of the grave, He was shown to be exactly who He claimed to be – the Son of Man Who had given His life as a ransom for many. Jesus claimed that He paid in full for our sins on the cross. When He came back to life, He validated His claim.
On the Wednesday before Easter, our “Gathering” worship service will include the observance of the Lord’s Supper. The message that night will be a dramatic monologue. I will be in Biblical costume as … it’s a secret! Our entire church will gather together for this special service at 6:30 p.m. Don’t miss it.
On the Thursday and Friday before Easter, we are offering “Pathway to Easter.” From 4 to 7 p.m. each evening, stations will be set up in our church that will allow individuals to take a personal journey in which to pray and meditate about the significance of the events leading up to Easter. You should allow about 30 minutes for this come and go event. Child care will only be offered on Thursday.
Upon arriving through the south doors of the south commons area, you will be given a booklet that will guide you as you prepare your heart, give thanksgiving and praise to God, take the Lord’s Supper, and lay down burdens. You will actively participate in this remembrance of events in the life of Jesus during the final week before His Resurrection.
The “Pathway to Easter” will be a moving worship experience. All scenes will be set up to aid you in your worship. You will be greatly blessed by coming. Feel free to invite family and friends to also attend. We will return on Sunday to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus together in both worship services.
We will remember and celebrate –
- April 7 LifeGroup Attendance – 711
- Sunday Sermon – “The Crucifixion of Jesus” Matthew 27:32-56
- DRAMATIC EASTER MONOLOGUE “The Rooster Crowed” with Observance of The Lord’s Supper on Wednesday, April 17 at 6:30 p.m.
- Pathway to Easter – April 18 and April 19, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Come anytime during this timeframe for your self-guided prayer walk.
- Ball Brothers Concert – April 28 at 6:00 p.m. (Doors open at 5:00 p.m.) Tickets are $12 and can be purchased at itickets.com, in the Church Office, and at The Welcome Center on Sundays.
- Child Dedication – May 5 – Sign up sheets are at the Preschool Check-in Area. For more information contact Savannah.
Welcome New Members
- Ronnie and Angela Fleming
- Brent and Anita Stubbs